Mailing Lists FAQ
When should I email a mailing list?
Employees are encouraged to consider the most appropriate and effective means to share information:
- A number of communication tools are available to the university.
- Announcements that target all employees should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for publication in inside.twu.edu. Note that the submission deadline is noon each Tuesday.
- Academic departments may send their announcements to the Provost’s Office for appropriate distribution.
When appropriate, you may send a message to a University Announcement TWU Listserv (mailing list) for distribution. Emails sent to university announcement lists will be reviewed by moderators.
How do I request a message to be sent via a university announcement listserv?
1. Create a new email message
2. Draft the message exactly as you would like it to be sent
3. Copy the appropriate university announcement list address(es) in the BCC field:
Why hasn't the moderator received my message?
Most often, this means the list name included “-request” — only the lists named above should be used for sending messages out.
Who moderates the university announcement lists?
A list of moderators is maintained in this Knowledge Base article.
Will I be notified if my message was released?
The current mailing list system doesn’t offer this feature. Following up with the moderator(s) for the list(s) is best if you are not a member of the recipient list(s).
Where can I learn more about mailing lists?
Visit the Service Center’s Mailing List collection of articles or watch this video.