TWU’s Fitness & Recreation centers will reopen to students, faculty and staff Monday, Aug. 24, the first day of fall classes. The Fit & Rec Center on the Denton campus also will be open to the community.
New guidelines will be in place in light of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Properly worn masks will be worn at all times when in the fitness center, including working out. (The only exception is when using the indoor pool on the Denton campus.) Participants will be asked to consider warming up and cooling down more gradually. Low- to moderate-intensity exercise is recommended.
- Participants will be asked to clean equipment after use. Staff in the Denton center may close off sections of the center for additional cleaning. In the Dallas and Houston centers, staff will periodically clean equipment during the week, but the fitness center is unsupervised and participants must share the responsibility.
- Participants will be asked to maintain a social distance of 6 feet at all times. In Denton, there will be limited seating options and designated cardiovascular equipment, so use may have to be staggered.
- Restrooms will be available; showers and lockers will not.
- Water fountains will be turned off, but water bottle refill stations will be available.
- Frequent handwashing is recommended.
The Denton center will offer outdoor activities and classes such as yoga and slacklining throughout the week. If social distancing can be maintained, masks will not be required; however, if close contact is needed, masks will be required.
Payroll deduction is available
Payroll deduction enrollment for Fitness & Recreation memberships is now open for 2020-2021. Faculty/staff memberships include access to Fitness & Recreation facilities as well as the indoor pool in Pioneer Hall on the Denton campus.
- New members will need to complete a membership and payroll deduction form. Existing members need only return the payroll deduction form. Contact Stephanie Gray at email@example.com or 94-898-2900 for the forms or for more information.
- Payroll deduction memberships will expire May 31, 2021, for fall/spring memberships (9 months) and Aug. 31, 2021, for annual memberships (12 months).
- The amount of $18.25 will be deducted from each month’s paycheck beginning Oct. 1.
- Paperwork must be submitted by Sept. 3.
Once forms have been processed, members will have access to the Fitness & Recreation centers beginning Aug. 24.