Over the past year, you’ve adapted your efforts to a world of virtual and online education and designed your courses to reach and connect with your students. At the same time, you’ve also learned Zoom, Canvas, and the process of captioning.
“Design for All: Create Online Courses That Everyone Can Use,” the 2021 Academic Success Lecture featuring Kevin Gumienny, will focus on universal design, which can help you build on your efforts — especially when reaching students with disabilities.
The Academic Success Lecture will be held virtually this year from 10 a.m.-noon, Friday, March 26. Visit the ASL registration page to sign up for the event.
- The session will help answer questions such as:
- What barriers do students face when participating in online learning?
- How can designing a course with universal design principles help everyone?
- Are there principles or guidelines that will help make sure online learning courses follow universal design?
- How can I make sure I’m reducing student barriers, and not just checking boxes on a list?
- What do I need to do to make sure my lectures are available and accessible for everyone?