Volunteers are sought for a research study to help determine which exercise pattern has a greater impact on cardiovascular health: 20 minutes of weightlifting followed by 20 minutes of cardio, or two minutes of cardio performed before and after each set of weightlifting.
Participants will be required to complete:
- Muscular strength tests – One-repetition max on leg press, leg curl and leg extension exercises
- An aerobic fitness test – 12-minute VO2 max test on a stationary bike
- Two one-hour workouts combining leg press, leg curl, leg extension and biking exercises in different patterns. Blood will be collected before and after the workouts.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Must be 21 to 34 years old
- Do not have a chronic disease or recent injury that would preclude you from lower-body exericise
- Have not exercised regularly for the past year
- Don’t excessively consume alcohol or regularly consume nicotine
- Are not underweight or obese
- If female, are not pregnant, have a regular menstrual cycle and are not taking contraceptives.
If you’re interested in participating in this study, contact Matt Sokoloski at email@example.com.