Members of the TWU Community are bringing a little light to the 2020 holiday season in a video celebrating the connection between the university’s people and its campuses.
The video, currently showing on TWU’s YouTube channel, shows university mascot Oakley getting things started as faculty, staff and students – as well as Chancellor Carine M. Feyten and TWU Ambassador Chad Wick – virtually string lights across all three campuses.
Renee Thompson, manager of design services in the TWU Office of Marketing & Communication, said the marketing team* came up with the concept of the light string connecting the university community amid the pandemic – across the campuses, in the classroom, in offices and at home. After receiving approval from the chancellor’s office, the team got to work.
The cast, in order of appearance:
- Chancellor Feyten
- Alexandra Alcozer (student)
- Margeaux Brode (student, throwing lights), Karlee Collins (percussion) and Daniel Gonzalez (violin)
- “Zoom meeting” attendees. Ann Medley (physical therapy, Dallas) passes the lights to Vi Ho (nursing, Houston), who hands them to Jorge Figueroa (teacher education) and Emarely Rosa-Davila (social work) as Ainslie Nibert (nursing, Houston), Dewaynna Horn (business, Houston), Wayne Brewer (physical therapy, Houston), Mary Williford-Shade (dance), Carlos Da Silva (IT Solutions, Houston) and Manal Omary (chemistry & biochemistry) watch.
- Dohee “Clara” Kwon (student)
- Students Kiran Hina Tajuddin, Erica C. Garcia and Naomi Akhidenor
- Chancellor Feyten and Chad Wick
Others who assisted with the video include:
- William Patten (facilities)
- John Anderson (facilities)
- Allison Fields (athletics)
- Isabelle Sislak (nursing, Dallas)
- Leslie Fredrickson (Fitness & Recreation)
- Eric Gonzales (music & theatre)
- Max Parrilla (music)
- Juliet Spencer (biology)
- Bethany Barker (student)
- Cheyenne Smith (student)
The video was shot over the course of Oct. 26-Nov. 16. Thompson noted that those involved in the various shoots followed CDC and TWU Risk Management guidelines in making the video.
*In addition to Thompson, a large portion of the marketing team assisted, in particular, Daniel Cantu (visual media specialist), Michael Modecki (university photographer), Elizabeth Gustwick (marketing project manager), Christy Savage (coordinator, marketing & communications), and Taylor Patterson (marketing designer).