Texas Woman’s University will not delay the start of classes for the spring 2022 semester, but plans remain fluid.
Chancellor Carine Feyten announced plans for the spring semester in the face of continuing concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic and the omicron variant. Key takeaways from the chancellor’s message:
- Classes will begin on Jan. 18, as scheduled
- For the first three weeks, faculty may move to an online teaching format, with an in-person option if possible
- Campuses and offices will remain open; social distancing and mask wearing are encouraged
- Flexible work arrangements are available for staff
- There are no plans to restart the proactive testing program, but members of the TWU Community are encouraged to get vaccinated and boosted
Visit twu.edu/coronavirus for information on vaccines, self-screening requirements, and more.