TWU’s Web Team always looks for ways to improve how information is shared on TWU.EDU. Because our home page is the most visited website at TWU, it’s important that it be simple and user friendly while highlighting key information for student recruitment and retention.
Following feedback from recent user testing and industry best practices, the Web Team is changing the topmost navigation on the website. Here’s a quick guide to help you find the information you need:
1. Our “Audience” pages (Students, Faculty & Staff, Alumni, Visitors, Parents & Familia) will be easier to find. We are removing the “Info for” drop-down from the very top of the page (as viewed on a desktop computer) and, instead, are adding buttons for each of these pages.
2. Each of the campus page links will now fall under a single quick-access menu on the top right of the home page titled “Campuses.” This will replace the individual listings for Denton, Dallas and Houston.
3. The Libraries link will remain at the top of the home page, but move from the left side to the right. This is one of our most visited pages on TWU.EDU, so we want to be sure our students can find it easily.
4. The News & Events link is going away from the top of the page. Our most current news and calendar of events are available lower on the home page.
5. The links to the A-Z Index and Directories will remain at the top right of the page, along with the search feature.
Look for these changes to appear online on Friday, Sept. 25.