Parking on the Denton and Dallas campuses for the 2020-2021 academic year comes with some changes, including new options.
Parking decals go on sale Aug. 3. All sales will be conducted online through the TWU Parking Portal. You’ll need to provide your vehicle’s description and license plate number when applying. After making your purchase, print the temporary permit in the portal and keep it in your vehicle until you receive your annual permit in the mail. The permit is valid for parking both on the Denton and Dallas campuses.
Changes to parking on the Denton campus include reassigned lots (including two with no decal required), suspension of the remote off-campus lots, and new options for reserved spaces.
Information on the changes is available on both the parking and parking updates websites. Key changes include:
- Faculty/staff prices for surface lots has increased.
- Two lots with free parking now are available. No decal is required.
- Parking at the remote off-campus lots, including the one at Denton Bible Church, has been suspended because the university can no longer provide shuttle service due to social distancing requirements.
- Daily temporary permits are available for purchase online, at a cost of $10 per day for Denton surface lots and on the Dallas campus and $16 per day for the Denton garage.
- A total of 41 faculty/staff reserved spaces will be available in the Pioneer and Jones lots, and in front of Woodcock Hall. A lottery system will be used to assign these spots. If interested, complete and submit the Faculty/Staff Reserved Spot Lottery Form by Aug. 7.
- Motorcycle-specific permits will not be offered for 2020-21. You’ll need to purchase a TWU parking decal and display it in a lockable permit holder (available from the TWU Parking Office in Denton) attached to your motorcycle. To request a permit holder, email email@example.com or call 940-898-2925.