Boo at the U is back and rapidly approaching. The Student Union needs your help to make this event amazing!
This year's Boo at the U will be held Oct. 20 from 6-8 p.m. at the TWU Gardens and Hubbard Lawn. Departments and student organizations can host a trick-or-treat table and dress up as characters and assist with game stations. If you are not able to do any of those, donate candy for our volunteers to pass out.
Sign up now to volunteer or host a trick-or-treat table.
Volunteer Sign Up
- The volunteer sign up will close Monday, Oct. 10 at 11:59 pm.
Trick-or-Treat Tabling and Table Decorating Contest Sign Up
- Sign up your department to hand out candy to guests. This year, the table display decorating contest returns. By signing up to host a trick-or-treat table, you will automatically be entered into the contest.
- One (1) table will be provided to each group
- Groups must provide their own decorations for their table
- Costumes are highly encouraged!
The winning department will receive a $100 credit to use in the TWU Campus Store! Judging will take place between 6:30-7 p.m. Winners will be announced on the amphitheater stage at 7:30 p.m.
For any questions on volunteering, contact Mara Jackson.
To donate candy, just drop donations off at the information desk in the Student Union at Hubbard Hall. You can also call the union office at 940-898-3641 or email David Sweeten, and they will come and pick up your candy! Any contribution is appreciated. The Student Union is also collecting non-perishable food items for Minerva's Market.
Activities this year include train rides, inflatables, carnival games, trick or treating, a performance from the TWU Dance team and the return of the haunted house! Read here for more information.
This is a free community-wide event so feel free to spread the word. If there is inclement weather, it will be pushed back one week to Thursday, Oct. 27.