As summer approaches, it's time to start thinking about reviewing and updating your state insurance benefits and TWU Pioneer Extra benefits. Summer benefits enrollment begins soon.
The Summer Enrollment period for Texas Woman’s University is June 27-July 19. During this period, TWU employees may enroll in new benefit programs or make changes to their existing coverage. The Employees Retirement System (ERS) encourages participants to call during this designated phase, though ERS online will be open throughout the entire summer enrollment period (June 20-July 22).
Summer Enrollment events
A few traditional in-person summer enrollment fairs are back after a two-year hiatus – a couple of them in the Houston area. Webinars hosted by ERS and plan administrators also are scheduled. See the schedule of in-person fairs and webinars, and register on the ERS events page.
What’s new in Plan Year 2023?
- The State of Texas Dental Choice PlanSM, optional life, and dependent life insurance have small premium increases
- The TexFlex flexible spending account (FSA) contribution and carryover limits will increase
- The health plans’ total annual in-network out-of-pocket maximums (medical and pharmacy combined) will increase to align with IRS directives
See your Summer Enrollment packet from ERS for more information.
TWU Pioneer Extra Benefits
The TWU Masa plan will now be part of your Pioneer Extra online portal and included in the all-inclusive payroll deduction. This also is the time to consider enrolling in Legal Ease and supplemental medical benefits such as critical illness insurance, accident insurance, and hospital indemnity insurance, which Corestream administers. All plan details and rates are located on the Corestream portal.
The following TWU Pioneer Extra Benefits are available year-round:
- MASA (Medical Support Solutions)
- Pet Insurance for your dog or cat (Administered by ASPCA and Nationwide)
- Home/ Auto discounts (Travelers and Liberty Mutual)
- Student Loan Forgiveness (Gradfin)
- Purchasing Power (Financial Assistance for items such as home appliances)
- Kashable (low-cost loans)
How to make changes during Summer Enrollment
If you want to maintain your current benefits coverage, you don’t have to do anything. If you do want to make changes:
State Insurance Benefits — You will register at ERS online or call ERS directly at 1-877-275-4377.
Stay tuned to the ERS summer enrollment webpage and watch for the summer enrollment packet to come to your home mailing address.
Pioneer Extra Benefits — Log in to the Pioneer Extra Portal. When you register, you will be asked to enter your employee ID. (The employee ID listed on your TWU Pioneer Portal page.) If you need assistance obtaining your employee ID, contact Corestream at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-331-9393, or contact the TWU Benefits team.
If you need any assistance regarding summer enrollment or have additional benefits questions, contact the benefits team: