Summer Enrollment has now begun. It's time to start reviewing and updating your state insurance benefits and TWU Pioneer Extra benefits.During summer enrollment, you can enroll in new benefits programs or change your existing coverage.
ERS (Employees Retirement System) designates a two-week phase for each Texas institute of higher education and state agency. The designated phase for Texas Woman’s University is July 3-14. ERS encourages participants to call ERS during the designated phase in order to limit hold times; however, ERS online will be open throughout the summer enrollment period (June 26-July 28). In addition, you will be able to change certain TWU Voluntary Benefits June 26-28. Additional details will be announced throughout the summer.
ERS will mail a copy of the 2023-2024 summer enrollment guide to your homes in the next few weeks. This guide will summarize all changes and provide more details.
What’s new to your ERS benefits in Plan Year 2024?
See your Summer Enrollment packet from ERS for more information on:
- The DeltaCare USA DHMO plan has small premium increases.
- EyeMed will be the new State of Texas Vision administrator beginning Sept 1st.
- The HealthSelect Prescription drug program will have a new third-party administrator, Express Scripts beginning Jan 1, 2024.
TWU Pioneer Extra Benefits
This is the time to consider enrolling in Legal Ease and supplemental medical benefits such as critical illness insurance, accident insurance, and hospital indemnity insurance which Corestream administers. All plan details and rates are located on the Corestream portal.
The following TWU Pioneer Extra Benefits are available year-round:
- MASA (Medical Support Solutions)
- Pet Insurance for your dog or cat (Administered by ASPCA and Nationwide)
- ID Watchdog
- Home/ Auto discounts (Travelers and Liberty Mutual)
- Student Loan Forgiveness (Gradfin)
- Purchasing Power (Financial Assistance for items such as home appliances)
- Kashable (low-cost loans)
ERS Summer Enrollment Events
View the schedule of fairs hosted by ERS and plan administrators, and register on the ERS events page. ERS will also offer online Q&A webinars about Plan Year 2024 benefits.
How to make changes during Summer Enrollment:
- State Insurance Benefits: You will register at ERS online or call ERS directly at 1-877-275-4377
- Stay tuned to the ERS summer enrollment webpage and watch for the summer enrollment packet to come to your home mailing address. Summer Enrollment 2023 | ERS (texas.gov)
- Pioneer Extra Benefits: Log into the Pioneer Extra Portal
- When you register, you will be asked to enter your employee ID. This is the Employee ID listed on your TWU Pioneer Portal page. If you need assistance obtaining your employee ID, you can contact Corestream, or contact the TWU Benefits team.
- Corestream customer service can be reached by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-888-331-939. The customer service team is available to assist you with enrollment while providing rates and plan details.
If you need any assistance regarding summer enrollment or have additional benefits questions, contact the benefits team: Brenda Villarreal at email@example.com, Rebecca Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Angela Cagle at email@example.com.