As you consider your student employee hiring needs for 2020-2021, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Attend the Employer Update webinar. Join Career Connections and the internships office at 10 a.m., Friday, Aug. 14, to hear updates and learn best practices for recruiting/hiring TWU students. Registration required.
- Post your student jobs. To post a student employee or graduate assistant position, make an account or use your account on TWU Connect/Handshake. TWU students already are actively searching for part-time positions on campus, and having the positions in once central location is critical. (Note: Contact TWU Human Resources to post staff or faculty positions.)
- Need help posting a job on TWU Connect? Check out this video or feel free to contact Jakin Vela, assistant director of employer relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recruit qualified student employees. Share/advertise a link directly to your job posting(s) through TWU Connect. If you need several student employees this coming academic year, register for the Virtual Part-Time Job Fair. Your department can set up a booth and chat virtually with students interested in working for you.
- Incorporate marketable skills. On-campus jobs can have an impact on both your department and your student employees. Check out NACE marketable skills that can be incorporated into student employment positions, and/or encourage students to complete all or part of the new Career Readiness Path located on Pioneer Engage. Students who complete the Career Readiness, Health & Well-being or Leadership Path will be eligible for a Pioneer Advantage Distinction Award.
When you’ve decided to hire student employee(s), be sure to contact HR for all student employment new-hire paperwork.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.