The Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology is accepting presentation proposals for the 2021 Teaching and Learning Symposium (TLS). Submissions should feature and showcase teaching and learning with TWU’s classroom technologies, online technologies, or Canvas.
TLS 2021 will be presented in a hybrid format this year.
The event will take place Aug. 16-19. The schedule includes:
Aug. 16-18 — Asynchronous Video Content
- 3-4 videos will be released each day. Attendees may view at their convenience.
Aug. 19 — Live, in-person sessions begin at 9 a.m. on the Denton campus.
- In-person events also will be live-streamed. Virtual attendees can interact with presenters in real time.
For those who are interested in submitting a proposal to present at the 2021 Teaching and Learning Symposium, the Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology invites you to complete the Presentation Proposal Submission form.
About the Presentations and Proposal Submission Form:
- The deadline to submit your proposal is 5 p.m., Friday, June 4
- The Presentation and Proposal Submission form will allow the selection of either presenting live and in-person or creating a video for asynchronous viewing.
- With the help of TLT, accepted presenters of asynchronous video content will produce a 15- to 20-minute video.
- Accepted presenters for live and in-person sessions will have a 45-minute time slot, which should allow for 30 minutes of content and 15 minutes for Q&A.
- Asynchronous video presenters can consider any format. For example, some options to consider include a lecture, narrated screencast, or an interview session.
- Attendees will be able to collaborate with presenters and other attendees online for the entire event.
- Presenting is a great way to share what you are doing in your courses.
- Presenting looks great on your résumé and vitae!
- Attendees are excited to learn from your experience.
Submit your Presentation Proposal Submission form today!