TWU nursing students administered more than 500 flu vaccines to Houston-area residents during a recent Community Health Fair event.
Houston nursing faculty Vi Ho and Van Nguyen (clinical adjunct), along with 37 graduate and undergraduate nursing students, participated in the Sunday, Oct. 11, health fair in the Hong Kong Market parking lot on Bellaire Boulevard. They provided health education to the community via poster presentations on:
- COVID-19 signs and symptoms
- disease spreading prevention
- chronic disease prevention
- healthy nutrition
- tobacco cessation and prevention
- stroke signs early recognition
This event was sponsored by the Vietnamese American Nurses Association, Vietnamese American Medical Association and Houston Unity Lions Club.