The increasing need for universities to respond to mental health crises rapidly and effectively has been well documented over the last decade and recently has been further exacerbated by the pandemic.
With access and responsiveness in mind, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at Texas Woman’s has changed the crisis line for all three campuses to 940-898-HELP. During normal business hours, the line will be answered by CAPS staff. After normal business hours and during university closures, the line will be answered by ProtoCall, the nation’s leading provider for behavioral health digital solutions.
The university’s partnership with ProtoCall will:
- Improve after-hours crisis call response times
- Enhance continuity of care for at-risk students
- Provide CAPS staff with access to all call records to ensure standards for care are met
- Engage local CAPS staff in the rare circumstances that crisis situations cannot be resolved by phone
- Allow for faculty and staff to consult with ProtoCall after hours about student mental health concerns
Visit twu.edu/counseling for more information.