We asked, and you delivered. Nearly 250 (12%) of TWU’s faculty and staff members responded to the Inside TWU Readership Survey distributed in September. Based on your feedback, we have a better understanding of your preferences and reading habits, which we are using to make some changes.
Key takeaways from survey responses:
- About half of our readers do not know how to submit items to Inside TWU. See below for easy-to-follow instructions.
- Most of you read Inside TWU Online on your desk/laptop computer at work.
- Currently, the most popular sections of the website are the Featured News (top of page) and the University-Wide News.
- The majority are prompted to read Inside TWU Online after receiving the weekly email reminder.
Not surprisingly, most of our readers say email is the preferred method of getting information. We also noted that there is great demand for an expanded weekly email reminder, with brief descriptions highlighting the top updates to the website each week.
We are tackling this request first. Starting Wednesday, Nov. 6, we will distribute a revamped weekly email linking to top stories in Inside TWU Online. While this will not be a recap of every update on the website, it will feature a lot more information than the current email reminder.
Also, we noted that many readers want more profiles about our faculty, staff, students and alumni, as well as information on issues facing the university. To better meet the requests for different types of stories, we are completely updating the look and content of the Inside TWU Online website, which will launch in January 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the survey results, please feel free to reach out to Deanna Titzler (email@example.com) or Karen Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org), or send an email to email@example.com.
How to send information to Inside TWU Online
Submitting your news item to Inside TWU Online is easy! There are two ways to do it:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (this is best if you have photos to include).
- Click on the “Submit” link in the upper right-hand corner of this website and fill out the form, which is automatically sent to the editor.
Remember, our deadline is noon Tuesday each week.