Effective Oct. 1, the Office of Technology restructured and adopted a new name– IT Solutions (ITS). ITS’ reorganization was designed to better meet the increasingly complex technology needs of the institution and align the department with the university’s new technology strategic priorities, which were developed with direct input from students, faculty and staff.
This reorganization will:
- Create organizational capacity for services that are needed to better support the university community, modernize our technology environment, and deliver on our new mission and priorities
- Improve alignment to current models for IT service management
- Align staff to appropriate positions based on skill set and divisional need, and match roles and responsibilities to current professional standards
- Serve the TWU community cost-effectively
For example, during technology strategic planning sessions held earlier this year, many members of the university community voiced the need for better communication and more strategic management of the technology portfolio of services. We are addressing this with a new Customer Experience & Engagement team. Similarly, the university’s strategic plan calls for increased research and research support, but the previous ITS structure did not have a ‘home’ for these types of technologies and support for the faculty using them. Now, with the reorganization, a new Educational & Research Technologies team will focus on this area.
What does the reorganization entail?
The new ITS organization will feature four teams:
- Customer Experience & Engagement – helps ITS engage as strategic partners with the university community, with new functions like relationship, product, and project management, as well as outreach, engagement and the Service Desk.
- Educational & Research Technologies – designs and supports learning environments, as well as institution-wide and discipline-specific instructional or research technologies (excluding Canvas and other instructional technology supported by TLT).
- Enterprise Applications & Integrations – oversees our enterprise application ecosystem, including integrations, data and reporting, and mobile and web applications.
- Enabling Technologies – provides the foundational infrastructure and services needed to support all technology at TWU, as well as support for end user computing.
All titles and position descriptions have been updated to reflect current professional standards and technology skillsets, and a number of team members received promotions, including:
- Cori Trevino, who will now serve as ITS’s Deputy CIO and Director of Customer Experience & Engagement
- Arman Rashid, Director of Enterprise Applications & Integrations
- Heather Davis, Associate Director of Outreach, Engagement, & Support
- Brittany Bruno, Manager of Platform & Cloud Services
The reorganization is being done within the confines of the current budget – no new funds are being allocated.
Where should I go to get help?
As always, the ITS Service Desk is the “front door” to technology services at TWU. You can reach the Service Desk at:
Phone: (940) 898-3971
What if I have additional questions?
CIO Raechelle Clemmons will host two open forums the week of Oct. 7 to provide more information about the new organizational structure and how it’ll benefit TWU:
Tuesday, Oct. 8
9:30 – 10:30 am
ACT 301 / IHSD 4302 / IHSH 3310
Wednesday, Oct. 9
2:30 – 3:30 pm
ACT 301 / IHSD 8201 / IHSH 3310
ITS also is available to provide an overview or update about the reorganization at any department or divisional meeting, upon request.
Feel free to reach out to Raechelle Clemmons (firstname.lastname@example.org, 940-898-3980), or to Cori Trevino (email@example.com, 940-898-3273), should you have any pressing questions or concerns, or to schedule an ITS reorganization update for your department meeting.