Get ready — the annual benefits enrollment period runs July 8-26. All university employees will have the opportunity to enroll in new benefit programs or change current coverage for themselves and/or their eligible dependents during this period. Of course, if you want to maintain your current benefits, you don’t have to do anything.
Some of the changes that go into effect September 1, 2019:
- Dental and vision premiums will decrease slightly (Medical premiums remain the same)
- Delta Dental will replace Humana Dental as the third-party administrator
- KelseyCare powered by Community Health Choice, an HMO serving the Houston area, will no longer be part of the Texas Employee Group Benefits Package. Participants and their eligible dependents will be moved to HealthSelect of Texas unless they choose the Consumer Directed HealthSelect option during summer enrollment.
To make changes to your state benefits, you’ll need to sign in to your ERS account at www.ers.state.tx.us during the annual enrollment period or contact ERS directly at 1-877-275-4377.
If you plan to increase your optional life insurance or elect long-term or short-term disability, Evidence of Insurability (EOI) will be required. Beginning June 24, you can start the online EOI process for optional term life insurance, dependent term life insurance, or short-term and long-term disability insurance.
The TWU benefits staff will host summer enrollment fairs and presentations on each campus:
- Houston — 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesday, July 9, including an overview of 2019-20 benefit changes, 10:30 a.m. in room 1120.
- Denton — 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesday, July 23, on ACT 2, including a presentation by ERS at 10:15 a.m. in ACT 301
- Dallas — 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesday, July 24, including an overview of 2019-20 benefits changes, 10:30 a.m. in room 1010