Know of a small-business owner who would appreciate seed money to develop her business?
Female business owners are encouraged to apply to the Women's Enterprise Training and Micro Grant Program, sponsored through TWU's Center for Women in Business. The grants are intended to encourage women-owned businesses in Texas to undertake new and innovative projects.
Applications for the program, which awards $5,000 grants, are due by 5 p.m. Oct. 12. Eligible businesses must satisfy all of these conditions:
- Existing or to-be-formed woman-owned businesses (at least 51% directly owned and controlled by one or more women who are U.S. citizens) with five or fewer employees.
- Must be a for-profit corporation, partnership, LLP or LLC, or sole proprietorship. Not-for-profit corporations or similar nonprofit entities are not eligible.
- Applicant cannot be a TWU faculty member, staff or student.
- If the business or business owner owns the premises from which the business operates, all property taxes must be current.
- All sales, payroll, and other taxes must be current.
- The business, business owner and applicant must not be involved in any pending or current litigation.
- The business, business owner and applicant are operating with all required permits and licenses and are conforming to all required laws.
More information about the micro grant program and its requirements are available on TWU's Center for Women in Business website.