Earlier this year, Google released a new product to make file management easier for Google Drive users. You can see and find your files in Google Drive on your computer with Drive File Stream. You can:
- Save specific files and folders offline, including Team Drives.
- View and organize your files in your computer’s file system, such as:
- Explorer on Windows
- Finder on macOS
- Open files with apps installed on your computer.
- See all of your files in Google Drive without using storage space on your computer.
You have the power to install Google Drive File Stream:
- Before installing Google Drive File Stream, you'll need to uninstall the Google Drive sync app.
- After uninstalling the older app, locate the Software Center on your work computer. (In Windows, click the Start/Windows button and type "software center.")
- In the Applications tab, single-click Drive File Stream.
- Click the Install button.
- A new G:\ drive should be viewable in Explorer or Finder.
For additional support, contact the Technology Service Desk.